Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

ONE year?!

    



Has is really already been ONE year?! I can't help but think about how different my day was one year ago today, than it is right now. One year ago, right this second, I was laying on the couch watching parenthood, timing my contractions, not sure if I was really in Labor, contemplating whether I should tell Jarom yet or not. Well I did tell him and it was a good thing because I was in labor and just 5 hours and 19 min. later we were about to meet our sweet little Evelyn for the first time!

It was a sunny day and the colors were beautiful!  We drove to the hospital and all I could think of was "I really hope I'm in labor right now and they don't send me home without a baby!" We walked in to labor and delivery and they said "Can I help you?" I said "I think I'm in Labor." Ha ha all the nurses giggled a little bit and said "let's check you" Sure enough I was at a 5 1/2 and they let me stay! Little did we know that things would progress SO quickly and we would get to meet our Evie even sooner then we had thought! She came out in no time with a thin layer of dark hair, Rosie cheeks and a loud scream! She was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen! When they set her on my belly, I just couldn't believe that she was the little squirmy baby that had been kicking me and keeping me up at night and twisting all around in my belly! I just kept thinking "I GREW THAT! IN MY BELLY!"

I wanted to show her off instantly! She was the most beautiful, perfect thing I had ever seen! I was a MOM! I had a BABY!! That whole concept was a little mind blowing to me!
I remember watching her proud Daddy hold her and look at her with more love in his eyes then I had ever seen! He was so proud and happy! I was so impressed with how natural he looked with her and how well he took care of her!

We had lots of visitors waiting to meet her so just minutes after she was born they came in! Jenni and Michael, Courtenay and John and Everett, Joanna and Cody, and Ben and Kris and the kids! I was so happy to see them and show off our perfect little beauty! It was kind of crazy to think that just MINUTES before, that baby that we were all swooning over was in my BELLY! It really is a miracle!

I remember thinking "life will never be the same" and it's not, and we couldn't be happier!
Life is definitely harder, but better! And I actually am really excited to do it all over again! Someday!

Anyway, This will forever be one of the best days of my life!

 We love you Evelyn! Thank you for joining our family! Happy first Birthday!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

A very sweet post!!! Thanks for sharing! And i LOVE that photo.

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

Ok, I LOVE that you were watching Parenthood while timing your contractions...lol! Such a sweet post and birth story...it makes me so excited for this next one!

Jenni said...

STEPHANIE! That picture is just the cutest one of her ever taken! OH man I LOVEEEE IT!!!!!! I love her and she is so beautiful and that just shows her personality!!! I remember that day as if it was yesterday. It was a beautiful day and such a blessing! Love my 1 year old!!

Lanette said...

Ahhh! That last picture is perfect! She is so adorable! Happy belated birthday Evelyn!